when you've got the great outdoors and an audience?
At a playdate today, the kids were happily playing outside in the backyard while the moms chatted inside.
Everything was going so nicely until someone standing by a window said, "Your son is going to the bathroom out there." Then she turned and looked at ME.
I turned around... no one was behind me.
"Mine?"
"Yes, yours"
I ran outdoors in time to see Emanuel with his pants down around his ankles, chest puffed out proudly, and a crowd of kids standing around watching him. He turned and saw me.
"Mom! I went potty! I'm all done now" Then up went his pants and off he went to continue playing.
I'm wondering if I've prayed for humility recently and forgotten. This seems to have been "Humiliate Mommy as Much as Possible Week."
Ohhhh, boy! LOL! We're getting ready for the "no more diapers and I mean it" talk soon - I imagine my own humiliation is on the horizon. It sounds adorable when Em does it, though! ;)
ReplyDeleteCount your blessings - at least he's not still in diapers! (As is another boy I know and love. UGH!)
ReplyDelete