Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Trip to Kohls

There were two police cruisers parked in front of the building.

Emanuel was very excited. "The police are here! They are really here! I am going to FIGHT them!"

"Emanuel you can't fight police. They are the good guys."

"Police are good guys? Oh." The disappointment in his voice was audible.

Ben chimed in, "Yeah, they keep us safe. So if giant monsters took over the city the police would get rid of them."

Um, actually, I think that job is for Will Smith and the military, but whatever.

Once we walked into the store, Emanuel started up again. Very loudly.

"Police?! Are you in here? Are the police here? I don't see them." A slight pause ensued as his voice echoed through the nearly empty store.

"Where are the police? I still want to fight them. ARE THEY IN THE GARBAGE?" (Yes, he yelled that last part.)

Thankfully, we saw no police. I think they heard Emanuel's threats and saw his scowl and stayed far away for their safety.

We will definitely be working on that attitude before our next encounter with law enforcement.


Dug this photo out of the archives. It's a year old, but still relevant. The scowl hasn't changed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good Lord! That face made me laugh out loud! You get 'em, Emanuel! (Hey - maybe he wants to flush out the "dirty cops"...?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome - although I'm sure won't be as cute in,oh, 5 years!

    ReplyDelete