Thursday, August 6, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

1. I exercised today!

2. I fed my kids. Now, I know that children must be fed every day, no matter what. And mine do remind me every 15 minutes or so how hungry they are (I mean geez, 15 minutes is a long time to go without food). Today though, I reallllly didn't feel like doing anything. At all. I would have been completely fine with them just snacking away on string cheese, apples, and crackers. I mean, those are all healthy foods. I could've just thrown in some carrot sticks and called it a square, but I didn't. I fed them Happy Meals from the drive through. Go me! (I know, I know- the self-serve snacks would've been healthier, but that's not the point.)

3. I stayed calm and collected when I found the boys making clay creations on top of their library books.

2 comments:

  1. Just popping in from F&F to say congrats on your successes. Sounds like you embodied the serenity prayer with #3!

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful list!!! I love your humor too! Great job on being calm!!!

    God Bless, I love your blog! So happy and calm!

    ReplyDelete